Free Intro Course
If you are a student or practicing provider, please take advantage of this free short course on immigrant and refugee health. You are also welcome to attend our monthly Travel and Tropical Medicine Lecture Series events and other U of M global health educational programming. For providers who are interested in receiving CME/CEU credit, we offer the Minnesota Online Global Health Course.
As with the full Online Global Health Course, you will need to install the Microsoft Silverlight plugin to interact with the resources below.
Free Short Course In Immigrant and Refugee Health
- The L.E.A.R.N. Model
- Effective Communication Across Language and Culture (lecture)
- Ten Myths About Immigration (PDF)
- Best Practices In Immigrant and Refugee Health (lecture)
- Domestic Screening Guidelines (lecture)
- Immunization Issues In Immigrants and Refugees (lecture)
- Mental Health In Resettlement and Adjustment (lecture)
- Torture Survivors: Screening, Assessment and Referral (lecture)
- Resources For Further Study (webpage)